Author(s): Joel K. Kahn; John Mackey (Foreword by)
A passionate, compelling, and scientific argument for plant-based nutrition
Are you ready to feel better, look better, and heal the planet at the same time? Then it's time to revolutionize your health from the inside out. With The Plant-Based Solution, leading cardiologist Dr. Joel Kahn shows how everyone can cultivate optimal well-being with a whole-foods, plant-based diet.
Known as America's Healthy Heart Doc, Dr. Kahn has already helped thousands of people prevent and reverse heart disease. But what about other chronic conditions such as adult diabetes, obesity, gut health, osteoporosis, autoimmune disease, and even low sex drive? It turns out that all these conditions and more can be improved with a plant-based diet--and Dr. Kahn has the evidence to prove it.
Drawing from decades of experience, Dr. Kahn brings together a wealth of scientific research and in-depth case studies to clearly demonstrate how you can take charge of your own health. Now available in paperback, The Plant-Based Solution explores:
- How you can lose weight, get off medication, reduce your risk of cancer, and reverse diabetes with a plant-based diet
- Myth-busting--why most people get it wrong when it comes to calcium, protein, carbs, and more
- The surprising links between a vegan diet and your sex drive, gut health, and brain chemistry
- Why plants might hold the key to better aging
- An understanding of exactly what's happening inside your body, so you can decide for yourself what to eat and why
- Simple tips to start your transition into veganism--including eating out, stocking your pantry, and visiting others
- A thoughtful examination of how your health and the health of the planet are intertwined
- Nourishment for the soul--cultivating empathy and compassion through vegan living
- A 21-day meal plan with over 60 delicious recipes--including bonus recipes from Dr. Kahn's popular vegan restaurant, the GreenSpace Caf
"Every day we have within our hands the power of choosing to honor our bodies, to promote inner and outer well-being, to heal our planet, and to treat animals with kindness and respect," writes Kahn. With The Plant-Based Solution, he provides an entertaining, compelling, and practical guide for improving your life through plant-based nutrition.